Victorian Building Authority
The Victorian Building Authority (VBA) regulates building and plumbing practitioners to ensure the achievement of efficient and competitive building and plumbing industries in Victoria.
The VBA’s services include:
- responding to general enquiries from the public about the building and plumbing industries
- registering, licensing and disciplining plumbers in Victoria
- registering and disciplining building practitioners
- issuing owner-builder certificates of consent
- providing expert technical advice and informed solutions to industry
- undertaking inspections, investigations and audits to enforce compliance with relevant legislation
- working with other agencies and regulators to ensure building and plumbing practitioners are compliant and that consumers are protected
- publishing data for building and plumbing practitioners
- monitoring the collection of building permit levies
- overseeing the work of building surveyors and Victoria’s building permit system.
Visit them now at www.vba.vic.gov.au